Thursday, June 18, 2009

Time of Change

What can I say, this week has been incredible!!! This week in class has been focus on the noticing the various ways on how learning has transformed itself...We had to do our annotated papers this week where we picked a topic that deals with e-learning and find 5 articles that supports your topic. Majority of my class choose to write about merging gaming software with e-learning or applying real world experience to e-learning. That is only naming a few, but its amazing where would the world of technology be in the next three years. Working for the school district, I was able to get a hands-on experience seeing how children now interact in there classrooms. The district provided schools with SmartBoards, interactive white board. This board displays the desktop and other activities from the main computer via projector and has the feature of a touch screen for kids to come up and move objects around with there hands. What can I say, this is e-learning!!

3 comments:

  1. Ricky,

    Have you seen teachers using the SmartBoard? How is does/can their instruction change using the SmartBoard? Does the SmartBoard help students learn?

    Dr. Keane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man this sounds really cool. If these technologies were around when we were in K-12 education maybe school wouldn't have sucked so bad. I'm a little jealous because when I was in school we barely had books! lol...great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, technology has come a long way from when I was in K-12. In my K-12years, I don't even recall having a computer in any of my elementary classes, for the students use. The only computer in the classroom was for the teachers use, if they even had one. So that projector with the touch screen sounds great and may keep the students attention more.

    ReplyDelete