Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Format: Acronym (Definition)...

When writing a paper, its good to follow certain formats when dictating certain information. One thing my professor and I discussed in class is a format for defining concepts and terminology. This format consists of stating the acronym and in parenthesis stating the complete definition of the acronym. Failure to do so give much confusion to readers not being able to follow the flow of ones' paper or article. So I was reading a article and I fell upon a acronym that brought interest into wanting to know more about this term, but there was no clear define expression to support the acronym. I actually brought this new concept of learning to my professor, Dr. Keane, and of course as a professor she gave her most educated guess. I disagreed to her guess,but could not support my perspective because there was not an article that use the correct format in their writings. So can anyone help me? I just need help completing and supporting the acronym; I will get the sentence started and hopefully someone can finish it. "ee-learning (??) is ......"

Throughout the discussion between my professor and I, it was brought to my attention that ee-learning could stand for experiential electronic learning, experimental education learning, or experiential e-learning. Thru decades of knowledge and several degrees LOL (just kidding), Keane states that ee-learning (experiential electronic learning) is merging e-learning with experience-based learning. From just my professor statepoint who is to say that this merge is relevant to what ee-learning is all about. Through research her support statement is valid that its giving hands-on experience towards learning. For example, a class that I took last semester at Carolina, TSTM 444, was structure to support what ee-learning is all about. This course was an online course and it provided hands-on opportunity to support everything we were learning offline. This new acronym gives a new aspect to what informal learning really is. I see this true meaning experiential education learning. Even though there is more facts and aspects to this one concept; its all a guess.

So can someone finish this expression: ee-learning (??)...

No comments:

Post a Comment